October 1oth, 2022 Newsletter
We are combining our volunteer newsletter and district newsletter into one this week to keep the volume of emails in your inbox down.
We are headed down the pike toward November! Days are going by fast and we have lots of stuff happening with the campaign.
We are sorry we did not make it to Seldovia on Sunday. It was a wild weather day for sure! We will get over there soon and give a heads prior. On the bright side, I was able to spend some quality family time with my kids walking the Anchor river trail. It is one of the most splendid places on earth in the fall time. Even though I grew up here, I still feel incredibly lucky to be able to raise my family and continue to live here.
Here are the happenings this next week:
- 3:00-4:00 pm. Louie will be at Homer Highschool for FOL (fundamentals of learning). If you have a student at the H.S. let them know this is happening if they are interested. (this is specifically for H.S. students)
- 6:00-8:00pm. Wednesday evening we will be hosting an office get-together. Starting at 6:00 pm. Join us for wine and cheese and “Stump the Chump”. We encourage you to come ready to ask Louie hard-to-answer questions. We will have refreshments.
- 6:00 pmState House District 6 Candidate Forum held at Kenai Peninsula College, Kachemak Bay Campus, Homer.
- You can attend in person, watch by zoom, or listen on KBBI
- zoom Link Here
Friday, Oct. 14th
- 3:30 pm Louie will be at the Anchor Point Food Pantry helping out where he may be needed. I encourage you to check out their website if you would like to get involved or donate. Anchor Point Food Pantry
- 2:00-4:00 pm ‘Meet and Greet’ in Kasilof at the home of Erik Huebsch and Catherine Cassidy. Please join us if you are in the area. This is a great opportunity to invite folks who may be on the fence about who they are voting for
- 5:00-7:00 pm Rock the Vote Party at Alices Champaign Palace. Free live music by Atz Lee and Nikos Kilcher. Louie will be there to answer any questions. Also, a great time to learn about early voting and Absentee voting.
Ongoing:Over the next two weeks, We will be setting up a mobile office in Anchor Point, Ninilchik, Basargin Road, Clam Gulch, and Kasilof. Different day, different place. We will post on Facebook the exact locations and days we will be in the different parts of the district.
- Due to the Forum on Thursday we will not be holding an in-office phone bank. We encourage you to keep making calls from home. Please come to the “Stump the Chump” office on Wednesday 6-8 pm.
- We are ordering new postcards to write and absentee ballot letters. We will put a call out when we have them in the office. We are in awe of the number of volunteers that have been writing postcards and mailing letters for us!
- Letters to the Editors: Please continue to write those LTEs! If you want to submit one, but are unsure how to go about it please let us know.
- Door Canvassing: Let us know if you would like to canvass doors! We had a great time around Homer this last Saturday with Volunteers. Lots of positive feedback. We think this is easier than phone calls!!
A last note, we had a wonderful event hosted by Barb and John Angaiak. Thank you to all who came. We enjoyed the company and the great food! Thank you to Erica Marley and The Angaiaks for organizing this great event!
Pheeeeww this is a lot! Stay tuned for more events in the next coming weeks!
Thank you to all who have contributed time and money to this campaign. We are seeing some great strides happening!
Campaign office hours are weekday evenings 4-6 pm. We do have mid-day hours that tend to vary throughout the week. Anytime the sandwich board is out on the street feel free to come in.
Located at 601 E Heath St. Suite 4
As always I am available at 907-717-9602, through email at email@example.com, and the website at Floraforhouse.com Call Sarah at 907-299-2316 for any campaign-related query.